Thursday, May 25, 2006

Selfish

Tonight, my heart is troubled, it roils
like the turbulent waves of the ocean.
My Lord, the peace of your unbounded love
fails to reach me, I’m inconsolable
Pain crackles around me like fire. Listen.
It rumbles. It shudders ominously.

Lord, let your gaze fall only on me
Turn your face away from the rest of them.
I am the one who needs you. It is I,
I who long for the comfort of your robes
I’m your servant; your selfish, abject slave.
Yet I’m not kind, I will not share your love.

Love me. Me. Love only me, love only me.
My Lord, touch me. Touch only me. Heal me.

1 comment:

nothing said...

In response to your comment on s&c- small world indeed. I had taken you to be from some other country, but now that I go through your posts more carefully, I see that you're from hereabouts!! And in the same industry too- I wonder if our paths have crossed.