Sunday, December 31, 2006

SMS


There are times when my eyes pick out your name
from everywhere I look. And it’s the same
letters I find in magazines and my email,
newspapers and paperbacks. You are in every detail.
Words on paper become mere anagrams of your name
and all day long, all I do is unscramble them.

Then movies and soaps and even the soccer game
seem to be full of lucky sods who share your name.
Eighty five channels the blessed cable has;
but from all of them - news, song videos, lifestyle shows,
heck, even from the scrolling credits that I see
your name manages to leap at me.

And then it burns blinding white behind my closed eyelids
And blooms around me like a thousand sweet orchids
It runs through my veins ice cold, yet warms my skin
In an insane longing for you, the world tumbles into a spin
And when my soul reverberates with the chanting of the selfsame
reason of my madness, that is when I SMS your name.

No comments: